The BioPartnering Business Development Programme
Feedback from business development relationships is a powerful tool for maximising the value of business development operations
The BioPartnering Business Development Programme is used by biopharmaceutical organisations to make better business development decisions. We do this by engaging senior executives in organisations that they have reached out to as part of their business development operations in an iterative, multi-step and multi-channel conversation. Through this process we uncover less obvious insights, impressions and emotions that might otherwise easily go by unnoticed.
The Programme covers the most important business development skills sets including:
- The client's ability to identifying new markets and opportunities
- The client's understanding of the key trends and developments in the sector
- Its ability to build and leverage relationships founded on trust and integrity to maximise opportunities
- Its commitment to building long-term relationships
- The client's ability to understand and manage the cultural differences between organisations
- Its understanding of the resources that potential partners can bring to negotiations
- Its responsiveness and openness
- Its communication, negotiation and collaboration abilities
- The client's willingness to set out clearly what it is looking for in potential deals and partners
- Its willingness to build win-win relationships
- The client's ability to remain flexible and seek alternative options to problems when they arise
The Programme is an iterative multi-level conversation with your partners and potential partners
The programme consists of the following stages:
- The confidential kick-off survey starts the conversation. It is sent to the key executives in your partners and potential partners. Your contacts are offered the opportunity of skipping the kick-off survey and going straight to the conversation.
- Respondents who give feedback in the kick-off survey are invited to participate in a confidential one-to-one follow-on conversation addressing issues raised by their feedback. This conversation takes place through email, social media, messaging services and/or video with one of Silico's senior team members with a deep experience of conducting this type of conversation.
- Non-respondents to the kick-off survey invitation, the 'survey adverse', will be approached directly to join the conversation through whichever channel is most convenient for them. So capturing another valuable source of intelligence.
- This conversation uncovers the motivations and thought processes lying behind the respondent's views and decisions. It reveals the truths that lie beneath the surface rather than statements and data skimmed from the top.
- Where the respondent gives their consent the video recordings will form part of the presentation of the feedback to the client so that they can examine how things are said as well as what is said.
- Where the client's team feel that can address the issues raised by the participant, their response is communicated back to the participant.
- Where appropriate the client's response to the issues is relayed back to the respondents. This makes them feel that the client has listened to their concerns and feedback.
If you would like to have more information about this Programme please email us.
About Silico Research
Silico Research is a research consultancy that has been a trusted adviser and provider of research services for more than ten years to global companies on strategic alliances, relationships and reputation management both within the organisation and externally for over ten years. Our current and past clients include AstraZeneca, Eli Lilly, IBM, Merck & Co, Merck Serono, Novartis and Roche. These and other clients come to Silico Research when they need confidential high-quality advice about their partnerships and feedback from partners.
What sets Silico Research apart is the evidence-based, empirical, nature of our analysis. Quantitative and qualitative research of the highest quality using carefully selected panels, customised survey instruments and focus groups are the core of Silico Research's products and services. Our independent, honest, fact-driven advice enables clients to make distinctive, lasting and substantial improvements in their partnering capabilities, to align strategies with goals and to communicate more effectively with current and prospective partners and other stakeholders.